Mark was elected to Council in September 2019 as a Councillor for the Double Bay Ward, which covers Darling Point, Edgecliff, Double Bay and Point Piper.
During the last 4 years he has worked tirelessly to ensure Woollahra Residents who have any issues or concerns are given a fair hearing on Council and get any problems resolved as quickly and smoothly as possible.
He has campaigned especially heavily to protect and preserve Double Bay as Sydney’s Stylish Bayside Village.
He counts as his major achievements:
- Preserving Heritage and Public Space
- Heritage listing of Dunara Reserve in Point Piper
- Opposing the hole in the heritage wall in Yarranabbe Park
- Leading the fight against Overdevelopment
- Insisting on compliance with and enforcement of current building controls
- Motion to preserve and enforce current Double Bay 4/5 storey planning controls
- Improving Double Bay Village
- Pedestrianization of Knox Street to replicate Kiaora Lane success
- Finding balance between night-time economy and residential amenity
- Protecting our environment
- Pushing for a Hydrological study in Double Bay to prevent further damage to the environment and people’s homes
Mark’s running again for Council because he feels there’s still a lot more to do in terms of making sure that Double Bay and the whole Woollahra Council area is protected and improved without being overdeveloped and above all because he enjoys representing his fellow residents to ensure everyone has an equal voice.