Team Bellevue Hill
1. Jeff Zulman
2. Karin Olah
3. Geoffrey Cohen
Jeff’s key areas of focus will be:
- Ensuring all developments are balanced with the local environment and do not threaten the existing residents access, safety and lifestyle
- Encourage and support the local shopping areas of Plumer and Bellevue Roads
- Opposition to the proposed extension of the Rose Bay marina
- Protecting open spaces and parks, such as Cooper Park Lands
- Council investment in local events and community facilities
- On going local road maintenance, footpaths, transport, traffic management, management of alcohol related issues, parking
- Providing real support for kids, families and the aged
- Continued improvement in Council planning, services and procedures by making Council a real service to the community
For Jeff's bio click here.
Karin has lived in Woollahra for 37 years. She is married with two sons and two daughters who all attended local schools. She is an artist and has worked in the family business for many years and has also been involved in the arts, as a current Community Representative on the Woollahra Council Small Sculpture Prize Committee. Karin was a Committee Member of the Australian Opera Foundation and was President of the Brett Whiteley Studio. She is passionate about preserving the community we live in and feels that overdevelopment is depriving us of green spaces. She is committed to preserving the village atmosphere across Woollahra.
Karin is against the proposed extension to the Rose Bay Marina. She wants the Woollahra LEP Heritage listed Rose Bay Promenade and Sea Wall protected from any further view loss. Rose Bay is the “jewel in the crown” of Sydney Harbour, with its pristine waters and abundant sea and bird life. She wants Rose Bay a safe and secure bay for small craft and for residents andvisitors who enjoy rowing, sailing and kayaking.
Geoffrey has lived in Woollahra for the last 39 years. He is a Solicitor and Fellow of the Australian Society of Practising Accountants. He is a director of a travel agency based in Woollahra for the past 30 years. Geoffrey is a Life Member of the Double Bay P&C Association where his children went to school and has been President of Bays Junior Rugby Club, and a Council member of St Andrew’s College, University of Sydney. He also sits on the Centennial Parklands Foundation and has since its inception.
Geoffrey passionately believes that Councillors free of political ties and baggage best serve the local community.